Re: [DL] Just some screwball questions

 >Frankly, another Martial Artist with roughly the same skill level should
prove
 >effective. Enough to keep him busy while the rest of the posse get
pummelled by
 >other critters or, potentially, other Martial Artists.

Heh.
I remember the time I had a bad guy martial artist show up against the PC
martial artist.  I started getting descriptive on the attacks and the
player, also a Feng Shui fan, picked up with it and rolled with it.
We had missed shots smashing buildings, mid air fists of fury while both
were leaping from rooftop to rooftop, super slo-mo, glowing hands, all of
it - even the dreaded Flying Guillotine.

It was a blast, and when it all settled down the other players at the table
(who had really only ever been of the old school DnD attitude - I roll, I
hit, I do X damage.  Next turn, I roll, I miss. . . I roll, I hit, I do X
damage is it dead yet) were just sitting there slack jawed.  The silence
was broken with a single "daaaammnn. . . "

Feng Shui. . . just such a conceptually beautiful idea.

 >Daphné
 >--
 >Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

We tried to find the mayor. His secretary said he was at home. His wife
said he was at the office. In Italy or France this would mean His Honor was
having an affair. In Chabarovice it probably meant he'd run off to be a
busboy in Stuttgart.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke