RE: [DL] Just some screwball questions

Well, as far as meeting Hellstromme and Grimme, Waa hoo for them.  These are major players in the stories developed.  As some certain people may play there characters, they might actually want to meet and discuss with them their findings and knowledge.  Of course, depending on your view of the Major NPC's, they just might be the PC's worst nightmares.

Honestly, I like to give out bounty chips for the things they do correctly and the heroic manners of their characters.  Of course, at the same time, I don't like them to have those.  As marshalls we have to be both sides, good and evil.  I would suggest that you idea is good.  Give them bounty, but only if they earned it.  I suggest holding onto chips until the end or give them out half way and at the end.  That way, your creations don't make them waste what you hope they can use to "level" up with.  ...considering there are no levels in deadlands...hee hee.

Mark.

  Seanchai <Seanchai@compuserve.com> wrote:

>>I guess it depends on how quickly you want them to be able to face
Hellstromme and Grimme.<<

You misunderstand: They're going to *meet* Hellstromme and Grimme. Or
*may* meet these figures. They're following an NPC of my own devising who
will be asking each of these figures for tutelage. I neither want nor
expect the PCs to be able to defeat Hellstromme or Grimme themselves.
I do worry, however, that they may end up tangling the forces these men
have to command and I'd like them to at least have a chance to avoid
becoming worm food if that turns out to be the case. So I am favoring, at
least for now, the higher end of the Bounty Point spectrum.

Seanchai

"Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and
telescope." - Theodore Roszak