[DL] Fw: Amazing Mao, Kung Fu guy

Okay, I think I figured out why my posts weren't going through.  I'll try sending this first.

Jeff S
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net>

Well, we had an interesting session last night.  Mr. Kung Fu explained strain, & that he has quite a bit (10), & watching him last night, I noticed that he seldom used chi powers.  In fact, I think he only did it once.  However, typical martial arts rolls were: 44, 37, 42, 29... These are the ones I remember.  Oh, that and the "Oh crap, I rolled a 17."  I think the highlight of the night was him facing a samauri that pissed him off/got pissed off by him/whatever.  KF draws five cards, gets two aces, & a red joker.  Samauri gets five cards, one ace.  KF pulls out his weapon of choice(??)--his metal chopsticks, runs up with his red joker, plunges them into his opponent on the ace of spades.  Rolls that 44, so we're talking not only head shot, but probably one in each eyeball.  GM tosses in a blue chip & tries a vamoose, fails miserably.  KF rams them in for (I kid you not) 71 points of damage; he has done almost 12 wound levels.  The GM decides wasting more of his fate chips would be pointless, so the samauri's head now has two chopsticks punching through the back of his skull with KF saying, "Hmmm, my fish need some good food anyway..." (long story on the fish; let's just say KF is one crazy sick bastard) & rips out the samauri's brains.

On the other hand, almost found out why you guys claim it is so easy to die in this game.  I've always thought it was tough--until I my character came up against an enraged bull, & having no fighting skill whatsoever, (hey, he's a trickshooter) nearly gets mauled to death.  SO, after one hour into the game, my stand against a stupid bull costs me all my chips to not DIE, plus a couple other chips from folks in ensure I don't die.  Oh well.  KF has said that if his martial artist is getting too annoying, he'll put him away & make up another character.

Jeff