[DL] Fw: Mr. Kung Fu guy

Oh good; found out why I wasn't getting through to you guys--had the wrong email address.  Hmmm, guess I should've sent this one first though as the test, it would've explained things better than summing up KF's fight with the samauri.  At any rate, I think the group has addressed the problems we have in the game.  Just takes a while to work out all the kinks & what not....

(previously sent)

First, let me thank everyone for the very helpful suggestions.  Now, I shall defend myself.... :)

Regarding Fate Chips.  Ah-HA!!!  I KNEW IT!!  I KNEW IT!!!  See, we have a group that likes to do what we call the revolving GM.  In essence, everyone must take a turn at GMing so that everyone gets a chance at playing.   Nothing wrong there except that we have a, 'debate' over what a bounty should be.  I tend to look at the Dimestore novels & adventures in the back of books & weight mine accordingly.  Last session, I think the average Bounty gain (in chips) was 7.  I know some of you think that's high, but I'm basing this on what has been printed; most of those books give a reward anywhere from 5 to 15.  Actually, I think the true bounty average was 5, but then we had some hindrance rewards, but I digress.

Well, we have one GM who is, put nicely, Monty Hall.  Granted, one of the last adventures I did with him pitted us against a horde of werewolves, but the end bounty was averaging 20.  I kept telling him that was too high.....  Still, I will bring this up with the crew.

Earning Mr. Kung Fu Renown:  yes, I'm working on that.  My character is a dimestore novelist.  Or rather, he's a trick shooter aspiring to be a dimestore novelist.  At any rate, I intend to give him a lot of trouble that way.

Automatons:  I've thought of that, but wasn't sure if they'd do the trick.  I've been railroading the group into going to City o' Gloom, so maybe we could see how that goes.

Mojave Rattler:  Might have worked if it wasn't for someone else in the group.  Still, when he does his "I run really fast to close distance" thing & THEN starts hitting hard enough to get through armour....  I had Kevin (the Rattler, named after Kevin Bacon.  Surely someone gets the reference) high tail it out of there rather than get killed.  Not that KF guy could've killed him himself, but then there was the other dude in the group....

Shotgun: Ya know, I never thought of that.....

Strain:  What exactly is that?  Yeah, I know, I'm the GM & should know everything, but enlightened martial artists are not my forte.

Someone mentioned something about fantastic die rolling.  I might have been exaggerating when I said "I hit a gazillion times doing a total damage to make him into human slurpee" but some of those die totals weren't exaggerations.  He has rolled something along the lines of 43 before.  How can you not do that with 8D12?  Oh, & while I'm here, he started with a 4D12 Trait & 5D12 skill, & yes, I charged him everything I could to keep him in check & it has gotten up to 8D12.

His Grit is 5.  I've been toying with Los Diablos, but the player knows about Los Diablos.  Still, it's worth a shot....  :::distant rumbling:::

I did recently do something to give him pause; summation: he visited some place that dropped Pacifist on his keister.  We'll see how he plays it this weekend.

As for how long this guy has lasted, hmmm, I'd say about 10-13 sessions.  I think one of the reasons that may have been in his favor is my group has just recently picked up this game, so no one in the group is an expert on all the rules.

Well, thanks again for the suggestions.

Jeff S.