[DL] Fw: two Hexslingin' hexes

And since I'm resending posts that mever made it, here's the two hexslinger hexes I promised.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net>

Since this is a forum to share ideas, I figured I'd pass along two hexes my hexslinger has made, if you like them, let me know, if not, let me know & I'll refrain next time.

Come Here!

It wasn't long before Johnny "Utah" Montana, noted trick shooter extrodinaire, had to face a deadly opponent in a duel. Despite Johnny's use of Skinnin', he was tad slow on the draw; stranger had inhuman reflexes. Johnny was carried away with a serious wound to the head, his opponent wasn't so lucky.  After that, Johnny felt there had to be a better way to quickdraw & quickly devised this new hex.  Although it wasn't exactly what he wanted, he did find other uses for it later in his adventurous life.

Come Here!
Trait: Spirit
Hand: Pair
Speed: 1
Duration: Instant
Range: Special

Come Here! instantly transports a hand held item to the caster's hand. In gunfighting, this adds a +6 to Quickdraw rolls, however, due to the nature of the hex, it negates any bonuses the gunslinger may have using physical means such as quickdraw or spring loaded holsters, & magnetic gloves. (How can you increase the speed of instantly transporting your gun to your hand?)  However, modifiers due to hexes such as Skinnin', or increased Traits (Supernatural Traits) can be added as these are considered part of the 'aim & shoot' aspect of the Quickdraw.

Objects transported must be handheld size, something easily held in one hand.  In addition, the object in question must be either specially marked beforehand, or visible to the caster.  This hex is ideal for the hexslinger cooling his heels in the town jail & the cell's keys just out of reach.  The distance an item can be transported is determined by the hand.

Pair: 3 feet
Jacks: 2 yards
Two pair: 5 yds
Three of a kind:    10yds
Straight:    20 yds
Flush:    50 yds
Full House:    100yds
Four of a Kind:    200yds
Straight Flush:    500yds
Royal Flush:    1 mile

Please note that even if the caster gets a hand that more than covers the distance the item is in question, she must either see it or have it specially marked in order to get it in her hand.

Dum-Dums

After a brief encounter with a Pinkerton Agent (fortunately on the right side of his gun) Johnny was captivated by the amount of lead the agent could put in the air.  Johnny first researched & experimented with the fabled Rapid Fire hex, but after one slight mishap, he decided a safer hex was in order.  So, if he couldn't make his guns safely fire faster, he'd just make the bullets multiply!

Dum-Dums
Trait: Knowledge
Hand: Pair
Speed: 1
Duration: 1round/hex level
Range: Touch

Dum-Dums allow the caster to magically duplicate bullets fired from a firearm.  The hexslinger must use physical bullets; ammo created by Ammo Whammy or Magazine is not afffected.  In addition, the hex will not work on gizmos for some reason. When successfully cast, the hex duplicates bullets fired after one yard of flight. (ie: it won't work if the target is at point blank range; the manitous need a LITTLE time to pull the stunt off) Each raise to a successful shootin' roll gains an additional hit to the target in a random location.  The actual amount of extra bullets is indicated by the hand drawn; in essence, an extra bullet at a Pair, +1 bullet for every two hands after that (2Pair, Straight, Full House, Straight Flush)  If the hexslinger is Two Fisted and/or Two Gun Kid, & is shooting two pistols, she may opt to duplicate bullets fired from both guns, but must expend 2 Wind each round.  This only applies to those who are Two Fisted or Two Gun Kid; normal hexslingers (if there is such a thing) can't handle the strain of dividing their concentration.

Jeff S