Re: [DL] Will Someone Stop the Bleedin'?

I'd say that these rulings go way too easy on the characters.  Combat
goes by too quickly for characters to be in danger of bleedin' to death,
so this only becomes a hazard after combat.  What happens if the only
characters with Medicine are busy after the fight trying to save the
gunslinger's right arm from being Maimed, but you've got another posse
member unconcious with 3 wounds in his leg?
Also, in my games, we often end up with severely wounded characters being
too far away from the rest of the posse to be helped after combat.  One
time, my posse spent more Fate Chips trying to keep a character from
bleedin' to death after the fight than they spent on the fight itself.
And if you've ever tried to stop a "bleeder" or had someone stop one on
you, you know that it's not a one-action thing.  It took a good minute or
two for the WotC medic to stop my finger from gushing when I sliced it to
the bone with a switchblade at GenCon.  And that was just a finger.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo, The Shogun of Harlem

"Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
-Prof. Michio Kaku