Re: [DL] character creation points (was Re: dice-o-rama)

Patrick Downs wrote:

> which brings up an idea I've been toying with for some
> time now, but haven't tried to implement or create:
> character creation points, or rather, character
> creation without cards, you lose the randomness of
> getting a mysterious past but it would equalize the
> all of the PCs.

I have several non-random systems developed over the years, all in response to
my inability to draw a decent set of Traits for my own use. The two I use most
frequently are points based and distribution based. I've submitted the file to
Shane for revue but with his permission I'd be happy to share it. Shane?
Yoohoo? Any objections?

I also reworked the Mysterious Pasts, turning 'em into edges and hindrances
complete with game effects and point costs.

Once I get the official okeedokee from the Head-Honcho I'll be happy to send
the file to anybody who asks. It'd be my pleasure.

Regards to ya'll,

--
Joseph "the Ogre" Wolf
coyote@net-link.net