Re: [DL] Swarm Question

--- Steve Wallace <ceesrw@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > -10 due to size
>
> That's shooting at an individual rat <snip>

I believe I'll modify it so that the swarm as a whole
is attacked as a size 6 creature, then when there are
5 rats size 5 modifier applies, 4 rats size 4, etc
etc. I think that'll make the end of the battle more
drawn-out and dramatic, but will at least give the PCs
a better chance of getting to the end of the battle
more quickly.

> > -2 due to Fear Level
>
> To hit?

::Cough cough:: I never said that. I don't know what
you mean. Obviously a Reckoner Ninja Nazi Armadillo
Death Squadron altered my original question. ; )

So now it's at -4 to hit due to lighting, and a -5
through 14 as they get down to 5 or less rats (at
which point they'll be doing no (or less) damage, and
likely to flee anyway). I can live with that.

> They'll do wind damage <snip>

Really? That's another question - the RVCII
specifically says "Less than (the number required for
a swarm) does no damage to a victim." Not no Wounds,
no damage, which I interpreted to mean no Wind as
well. However, I think your interpretation works
better.

Big thanks to Steve, Munch, and the irrepressable
Monsignor Ogden.

- Ivan
http://www.gamesgroove.com/DustAndBones/index.html