Re: [DL] Newbie Question

In a message dated 9/19/01 7:14:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
sesdale@cable.redden.on.ca writes:

>  1.  If I had a stat, say Deftness of 2D6 and a Shootin' aptitude is 1.
When
>  shooting at some varmit, do I roll 2D6? 1D6? or 3D6?  Can someone explain
>  this to me.  Its the main confusion I have with the game.

2d6, You'd only roll your Deftness if you were actually called upon to roll
that stat.  For all skills you roll a number of dice equal to the skill
level, the stat determines the die type.

>  2. Has anyone come up with a system to remove the cards mechanic from the
>  game.  I love the idea but my players are traditionalists and balk at
>  anything that isn't a purely dice game.  I am still trying to maneuver them
>  but I need a backup plan. I wanna play Deadlands!

I would highly recomend getting them to try it with the cards.  They'll enjoy
it alot more, even if they don't realize that now.  If you don't want to do
that here's a couple ways.

1.  Have 'em roll quickness to figure out how many actions they'd get as
normal.  Start with whoever has the highest quickness, they get 1 action.
Continue around the table until everyone has performed their action, then
start with second actions and so on until no one has any actions left.

2.  Treat it like inititive.  Everyone rolls quickness, each player only gets
1 action regardless of their total.  The highest roll acts first and work
your way down to the lowest roll.

However, I can't stress enough how much better the game is with the cards.
It's by far the most inovative system out there.