Re: [DL] More Newbie Questions

> 1. The Quick and the Dead - I have a copy of the
> Marshals Handbook (bought
> with my 1st edition rulebook which adds to my
> frustration).  Is the Q&D the
> first edition of the Marshals Handbook or was it
> something else.  If it had
> additional info in it, has any other sourcebook
> reprinted this info since
> Q&D seems to be out of print.

The Quick and the Dead contained some new edges and
hinderances, the 1876 Tombstone Epitaph report on the
Weird West, and some marshal stuff.  Most of it is
reprinted in the second edition Players Handbook, as
well as most of Tales of Terror:1877, which moves the
game world forward to 1877.

> 2. On Pinnacle's On-Line Store, the listing for
> Texarcana says it "presents
> and expands up the rules for martial arts... found
> in our popular boxed
> sets".  Are the rules reprinted there or do I need
> the boxed sets. - I want
> the rules but have chosen to buy the boxed sets and
> regional sourcebooks
> last (focusing on more rules oriented books first).

Hexarcana changes the martial rules completely - you
don't need the Great Maze boxed set to use it.  On the
other hand, the Great Maze is one of the best game
supplements I've seen, and is well worth picking up.

Cheers,
Steve Wallace