[DL] Hex idea

I wanted some feedback for a new hex I wanted to make up.

My hexslinger is finding out the hard way that he is in sore need of night
vision.  Now, my thought is he'd try to figure out a new hex that would
cause glass lenses to be used as Owl Eyes goggles or some such.

Here's the dilemna: there is a hex that will allow folks to see in the dark;
Penetratin' Stare or some such.  But, that hex is more for seeing THROUGH
things.  All my guy wants is seeing in the dark.  Plus the fact that he is
affecting glass rather than making his eyes work this way.  So, is this more
in the line of being a Trick?  Or would it be still a Hex with no other
benefits of drawing a higher hand?  (Like Sitgreaves' Magazine hex)

Jeff