[DL] Europe (was: Re: [DL] The Sidhe in Deadlands)

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net> wrote:
> The American
> West is pretty bad with
> all the weirdness going on, but have you ever
> stopped to think just how bad
> things are in Europe?  I mean, the Native Americans
> have been around for a
> long time, but the history or trials & tribulations
> in Europe!!!

I've always been an advocate of Pinnacle publishing a
Europe sourcebook or three, even if it's just for
Victorian London or whatnot. I have a large European
influence in my game, so I'm forced to improvise. I
find that Weird West products in general are very
good, as they capture the essence of local legends,
myths and stories that I otherwise would not even know
about.This I go on to use in my games, s was intended.
When there's no sourcebook, it involves a bit of
old-fashioned brain-hurtin'. Can you imaginw what's
going on in Russia right about now? Or Germany? One
can only dream ...

I personally think that Pinnacle have not published a
Europe book for one of two reasons:
- Their publication schedule id packed fro the next
one or two years and it's not on the cards; or:
- They don't want to make it the Weird World, just the
Weird West.

I find that geographically-based sourcebooks are
really fun to read, especially for Deadlands. I'm
still in the process of getting a Copy of River o'
Blood, and can't wait until the Great Weird North is
released (incidentally, if they don't mention Oak
Island, I'm gonna be pissed off. That's a Deadlands
adventure waiting to happen - and beleive me, I'm
going to try!). What's next? They've covered The
USA/CSA/Weird West, Mexico, now Canada and Alaska as
well, I can only see the wagon train going in two
directions: South America, or Europe. then again, I'd
be happy with either.

I'll stop ranting now. I have to go and run a
Deadlands game in 2 hours. :)

James

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"