I'd adapt the weather rules, I think. For every hour
you're out in the grasshopper swarm without covering
your mouth, nose, eyes and ears, make a Vigor roll (TN
7 or so) or take 1d4 Wind. Then either give them a
mission that requires them to travel, or have
something really, really bad in the building they
choose to hide in ; )

- Ivan
http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/DustAndBones/