RE: [DL] Mage (was: character creation points (was Re: dice-o -rama)

I've played it and run it a ST. A good Mage game has
to have a good ST/Marshall. They are the ones who very
quickly inform a player that no, they are not going to
be able to turn that Vampire into a deck chair no
matter how many die they roll or that numbers come up
there on.

The game works well when the players are beginning
along the path of magic and thus find themselves with
the the Neo Problem. Sure, theory says I can do it,
but deep down I don't believe I can. Thus they fail.

So Mage in Deadlands is a possibility IMO. The
Marshall just as to rule with an iron fist as to what
a player thinks is possible and what really is.

A "Blessed" Mage could enact the anger of the Lord
upon a sinner (Forces/Spirit) while a "Huckster" Mage
could shuffle the realms of possibilty (Entropy).

As long is the Marshall is paying attention and uses
their commonsense, there will be few if any Vampires
turned into deck chairs.

A certain lack of "exploding gas mains" would be a
bonus as well. Sure sign of lazy thinking when that
old excuse gets dusty off in the name of a pretty
explosion.

Cheers,
Mr. B