RE: [DL] Mage

>Roleplaying over-rides game mechanics.

Not always...
Just as it is not fair for a CHARACTER to know things that only the
PLAYER knows (i.e., Player knowledge), it is equally unfair to punish a
player who may not have an appropriate personal skill to pull off the
feat.

For example, my ability to sing and play guitar should in no way
influence a performin roll, just as my ability to shoot a gun in RL (or
lack thereof) should not have any bearing on my shootin rolls.
Otherwise, there is no point for a persuasive PERSON to actually give
that ability to its Character.

That said, however, a well role-played encounter will *certainly* have a
more favorable TN, than a player saying, "I attempt to seduce the
cocktail waitress"

Patrick