Re: [DL] Mage

> Roleplaying over-rides game mechanics.

Nope.

As a player, I'm not allowed to describe an extremely good shot, and
automatically hit. Why should I be allowed to describe a really good bluff,
and automatically succeed?

Not the same? Sure it is. I'm overriding a game mechanic with a
particularly cool description of my actions.

On the flip side, players say "I shoot him" all the time. Why should a
player saying "I bluff him" be treated any differently? Both are
mechanically based shortcuts.

So how do we, as Marshals, encourage good role-play? Fate Chips. That's
what they're for.

B. D. Flory

"Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
                                             -Ernest Hemingway