RE: [DL] Mage

--- "Phalen, Pat" <Pat.Phalen@infores.com> wrote:
> >Why bother asking for a roll after that? Just to
> hope
> >the guy failed? The moment was too good to worry
> about
> >a mechanic. So I declared it a success without
> >requiring a roll.
>
> Because in my experiences, said eloquent guy is also
> the one who put 1d6 into storytelling.

Hear! Hear! I second that.
I personally am an expert shot with a handgun, does
that mean that if I shoot a bullseye 10 times in a row
for my Marshal that I can get away with not making a
skill roll for my current character (who doesn't even
HAVE a shootin' skill)?
Yes, role-playing can override the mechanics to the
extant that the players get bonuses, common sense just
says that you still need to make the roll.

my 2 cents
-doc