[DL] Harrowed, Dominion and control...

Okay, all.

This is the latest in a series of seemingly interminable questions.

As far as Dominion goes, I know that to take over, a Manitou has to make a
Spirit roll with a TN equal to 5 plus whatever Dominion points the Harrowed
currently has, and can add its own Dominion bonus to that.

In Book of the Dead, there's a section which says that the Harrowed can try to
take back control in rare instances (p. 81), such as "when the Manitou is about
to cause direct harm to a very close companion."

First off, since it makes no mention of this anywhere in the book, I'm going to
assume that neither the Manitou nor the Harrowed add their Dominion bonus to
their rolls. Is this accurate?

Second, I have been told that the 2nd edition rulebook overrides anything in
BoD, and the rulebook makes no mention of this at all. Does that mean that the
rule is no longer in effect, or simply that the writers felt they didn't need to
repeat every singl detail in the main book? I'm tending toward the latter, but
it'd be nice to have some kind of confirmation.

Thanks all,

Daphné
--
"It is an odd thing Mr Ireton; that every man who wages war believes God to be
on his side. I'll warrant God must often wonder who is on His."