Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question

Cripes, the most effective character in my group is an old fart with more guns than brains.  No, really, his smarts die type is lower than the usual number of guns on his person.  The last shaman we had did a wonderful boosting on himself, then promptly shot an arrow clean thru another posse member (gotta hate goin' bust on a Shootin' roll).  Both of them are dead now, but the old fart lives on...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question

In a message dated 10/22/2001 7:23:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w_ogden@hotmail.com writes:

It's not that they don't understand the system, they feel the Arcane types,
esp Hucksters and Shamens, can be overpowering.  Basically, a plain
gunfighter could not stand up to a hexslinger or Wolf shamen.  This ignores
the general trend in my group towards playing spellcasters becuase they are
more fun.

I don't disagree with them, and have put in some tweaks to kind of level the
playing field a bit.

;) Most people think arcane types are no match for gunslingers. Just goes to show ya, everyone plays differently.

Shane