[DL] DL: D20 Question

I only received DL: D20 last Wednesday so I am still
reading through it for the first time but I have a
question. Probably the first of many.

In the Demolitions skill having Chemistry 5+ gives you
a synergistic +2. Surely Chemistry is not an
appropriate skill, Physics or an appropriate
engineering skill would be more suitable - Physics
because it includes an understanding stresses and the
like (and partly because it has always seemed short
changed - Chemistry is almost always of more use). The
other skills because someone who understands a thing
knows best how to destroy it - knowing where to put
the charges to cause the maximum amount of damage.

I had a look at Weirdwars to see how it handled this
and it has something about estimating the charge
required that seems to fit nicely.

I am sorry to be so vague but I don't have my books in
work with me this morning.

I do like the way that some mechanisms are common to
DL: D20 and Weirdwars, why reinvent the wheel? I just
wonder if anyone else will take them up (unless I
misunterstand your making them OGL). I am thinking of
the forthcoming CoC and Traveller D20 books.

Michael

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.