Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question - gunfighter vs. arcane

>From: PEGShane@aol.com
>To: deadlands@gamerz.net
>Subject: Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question
>Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:10:35 EDT
>
>In a message dated 10/22/2001 7:23:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>w_ogden@hotmail.com writes:
>

> > It's not that they don't understand the system, they feel the Arcane
>types,
> > esp Hucksters and Shamens, can be overpowering.  Basically, a plain
> > gunfighter could not stand up to a hexslinger or Wolf shamen.  This
>ignores
> > the general trend in my group towards playing spellcasters becuase they
>are
> > more fun.
> >
> > I don't disagree with them, and have put in some tweaks to kind of level
> > the
> >

>;) Most people think arcane types are no match for gunslingers. Just goes
>show ya, everyone plays differently.
>
>Shane

(I'm totally honored.  The Man responded to one of my posts!)

My group tends to be into magically enhanced warriors.  Be it in GURPS, or
Shadowrun, or dnd fighter/sorcs, we often have a couple of warrior types
with a handfull of spells, or wizards who can swing a blade or squeeze a
trigger.  Given time to get their spells up, those types can often beat a
straight fighter/warrior/combat guy.  Without time to prep the advantage is
usually to the non-magial, but you can only ambush the posse so many times.