Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question - gunfighter vs. arcane

>>;) Most people think arcane types are no match for gunslingers. Just goes
>>show ya, everyone plays differently.
>>
>>Shane
>
>(I'm totally honored.  The Man responded to one of my posts!)
>
>My group tends to be into magically enhanced warriors.  Be it in GURPS, or
>Shadowrun, or dnd fighter/sorcs, we often have a couple of warrior types
>with a handfull of spells, or wizards who can swing a blade or squeeze a
>trigger.  Given time to get their spells up, those types can often beat a
>straight fighter/warrior/combat guy.  Without time to prep the advantage is
>usually to the non-magial, but you can only ambush the posse so many times.

I'm in the same boat as you. (I know this is all up to the GM and players),
but I've noticed that Shadowrun groups tend to get stomped without SOME sort
of magical assistance. Same for DL and especially HoE. I personally like
martial types, but I also realize that most groups aren't complete without
arcane types.

JP