RE: [DL] Deadlands d20 question - gunfighter vs. arcane

>But doesn't it stand to reason that any given combatant A with a distinct
>advantage X over combatant B will kill/mash/perforate combatant B if
>allowed
>to use X?  Why do you feel that a guy with a gun receiving the benefits of
>Bodyguard, Kentucky Windage, Loaded for Bear is so unbalancing

Okay I readf all there of these Hexes and I don't see the problem here.  Two
of them effectivly need to be cast in advance. Realistic how often should
your player know a few minutes a head of time there is gonna be a fight.
Usually once or twice in an adventure players are aware that something bad
is comming up.  But most of the time they are suprised by there enemy.

Personally if I had a cocky Hexslinger who constantely hid behind his spells
I'd pull a classic western move.  Have him called out by some other
Gunslinger who heard of his uncanny ability to survive.  Make him call him
out right away...no prep time.  Then see how tough he is.

Dan