Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question - gunfighter vs. arcane

>>>;) Most people think arcane types are no match for gunslingers. Just goes
>>>show ya, everyone plays differently.
>>>
>>>Shane
>>
>>(I'm totally honored.  The Man responded to one of my posts!)
>>
>>My group tends to be into magically enhanced warriors.  Be it in GURPS, or
>>Shadowrun, or dnd fighter/sorcs, we often have a couple of warrior types
>>with a handfull of spells, or wizards who can swing a blade or squeeze a
>>trigger.  Given time to get their spells up, those types can often beat a
>>straight fighter/warrior/combat guy.  Without time to prep the advantage
>>is
>>usually to the non-magial, but you can only ambush the posse so many
>>times.
>>

>I'm in the same boat as you. (I know this is all up to the GM and players),
>but I've noticed that Shadowrun groups tend to get stomped without SOME
>sort
>of magical assistance. Same for DL and especially HoE. I personally like
>martial types, but I also realize that most groups aren't complete without
>arcane types.
>
>JP
I totally agree.  My group has had 2 non-arcane, the "aging gunfighter"
switched to a hexslinger as soon as lawdogs came out, and the gambler
changed to a shamen, more becuase the gambler didn't really fit.  The only
other non-arcane in 2 campaigns was indian brave, who still had a pile of
the favors he could use.