RE: [DL] Deadlands d20 question - gunfighter vs. arcane

>From: "Grand Master Nilus of the Dark Angel Chapter"
><grandmasternilus@hotmail.com>
>To: deadlands@gamerz.net
>Subject: RE: [DL] Deadlands d20 question - gunfighter vs. arcane
>Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:54:22 -0500
>
>>But doesn't it stand to reason that any given combatant A with a distinct
>>advantage X over combatant B will kill/mash/perforate combatant B if
>>allowed
>>to use X?  Why do you feel that a guy with a gun receiving the benefits of
>>Bodyguard, Kentucky Windage, Loaded for Bear is so unbalancing
>
>Okay I readf all there of these Hexes and I don't see the problem here.
>Two
>of them effectivly need to be cast in advance. Realistic how often should
>your player know a few minutes a head of time there is gonna be a fight.
>Usually once or twice in an adventure players are aware that something bad
>is comming up.  But most of the time they are suprised by there enemy.
>
>Personally if I had a cocky Hexslinger who constantely hid behind his
>spells
>I'd pull a classic western move.  Have him called out by some other
>Gunslinger who heard of his uncanny ability to survive.  Make him call him
>out right away...no prep time.  Then see how tough he is.
>
>Dan

Oh I did that.  The guy said he wanted to finish his drink.  Heck, the bad
guy was outside Ridiculing him, calling him yeller, asking how much whiskey
he needed before he was brave enough to come out and fight.  Well, he spend
abuot 3 seconds casting 2 hexes, walked outside and won.