Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

--- Alan De Smet <chaos@highprogrammer.com> wrote:
> My players have consistently avoided spending fate
> chips whenever possible.  They'll grudgingly buy off

> wounds and the occasional wind.  They almost never
> improve rolls.  I can't remember the last time I got

> to draw fate chips because a player spent a red
> chip.  Every chip is hoarded toward the goal of
> improving their attributes.  To minimize chips spent

> on wounds, they tend toward more being more
> cautious (particularly a problem since I'm planning
> on running a more "high adventure" style campaign
> next).

As much as it's frightening to say this as a player,
you need more combat.  Chips get spent at the END of
the session, and if you don't survive until the end,
you don't get to spend them to improve.  On top of
that, you might want to increase the difficulties of
the apptitude rolls they need to make, and play up
those Hinderances to make things more difficult.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory