Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

Marguerite Frey (natasha_corey@yahoo.com) wrote:
> As much as it's frightening to say this as a player, you need
> more combat.  Chips get spent at the END of the session, and if
> you don't survive until the end, you don't get to spend them to
> improve.

The characters which take a more active roll in combat are
already spending chips at a healthy rate.  The more
defensive/sneaky characters go to lengths to avoid taking damage
in the first place and end up holding on to more chips at the end
of the fight.  I've tried more combat or more dangerous combat,
this simple aggrevated the problem.  The combat oriented
characters got more injured and burned more chips.

I try to make sure the more defensive characters suffer some in
the attack, but it only seems reasonable for the bad guys to
focus their efforts on the more obvious threats.

Part of the reason I'm considering tinkerin' with this is the
more active combatents have gotten a bit resentful of the
situation.  They resent the more defensive characters advancing
their attributes more quickly.  They resent every wound as
stealing their chances for aptitude advancement.  I certainly
don't want everyone in my next campaign to err on the side of
caution.  A certain amount of kicking in doors shootin' is part
of the fun!

--
Alan De Smet chaos@highprogrammer.com http://highprogrammer.com/alan