RE: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

<snip for space>

Well, your solution is OK if you don't want to try to change the way your
game "feels."  I wouldn't go so far as to drop the chip cap, tho.  Well,
maybe.  If they didn't spend the chips on wounds/rolls before, having fewer
to work with shouldn't hinder them too much.

Another way to try it (if you are feeling extra bloodthirsty) is to just
beat the posse up incredibly.  They either chip the wounds, or risk all the
issues of having multiple critical wounds (wind/blood loss, -4 on EVERY
roll, being winded and useless as anything but a target...).  They may not
chip these wounds right away, since that's the habit they've started.  Then
tell 'em that they miss their Shootin'/Fightin'/Throwin' TNs by just a bit -
say because of unchipped wounds (which they can't chip now, time has moved
past that).  So if they want to start hurtin' the enemy, they had better
start using chips to counter wound penalties.  Generally beat them into
using chips or not winning combats.

And if they don't get it right away, they don't have to be killed.  Beat
them down, then capture them.  Let the escape be part of the fun - they'll
probably need to chip some rolls to counter the wounds they still have...

Jeff "Chip or die!" Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang