Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

Jeff Yates (jyates@primaryfunction.com) wrote:
> Aaah, the fact that some of your players do go in shootin'
> wasn't immediately  apparent (to me anyway) in your original
> post.

My apologies.  Looking back, I'm not sure I was clear on that.

> Unless you either start handing out chips for being in the
> combat ("No, you don't get any chips, all you did was hide
> behind the barn -- fate doesn't smile on the cowardly!"),

I didn't mention this before, but I'm also planning on making a
similar change.  Award chips (probably random draws) for in genre
heroics.  Stuff like jumping from an ornithopter to a moving
train, climbing onto a raging automaton, or daring attacks would
be rewarded.

I want to be alot more liberal with fate chips, but I want to
keep my characters under control.  I ended the campaign two
campaigns ago because the characters had gotten powerful enough
that challenging them was difficult.  Normal human adversaries
were nothing.  Sure, I could throw increasingly large groups of
normal humans, or increasingly dangerous critters.
Unfortunately, doing so tends to increase the lethality of the
game.

--
Alan De Smet chaos@highprogrammer.com http://highprogrammer.com/alan