Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

> Part of the reason I'm considering tinkerin' with this is the
> more active combatents have gotten a bit resentful of the
> situation.  They resent the more defensive characters advancing
> their attributes more quickly.  They resent every wound as
> stealing their chances for aptitude advancement.  I certainly
> don't want everyone in my next campaign to err on the side of
> caution.  A certain amount of kicking in doors shootin' is part
> of the fun!

The fact that the players are starting to develop some resentment of other
players should tell you that maybe it's not a problem with the rules, but
rather the players themselves.  Perhaps you should have a talk with everyone
the next time you all get together and see if maybe the other players will
try to be a bit more active rather than trying to become stat gods.  If not,
well, there are always Nasty CursesT you could saddle their characters with,
such as one that would cause them to be unable to gain Fate Chips or spend
them for bounty (though that might be a bit blatantly heavy-handed) or one
that compels them to combat.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times