[DL] Deadlands Mud

Hello everyone,

I've been tinkering around with circlemud (http://www.circlemud.org) and I
really like it's codebase. Anyway, I was going to build an area just for
fun to learn how it all works and it got me thinking: has anyone considered
a deadlands mud? We have plenty of bright sparks on this list, both with
technical knowledge and deadlands / writing knowledge: why not use that to
further serve the reckoners ?

Anyway, I think it'd be a fantastic project - and if we got approval from
Shane, then it could be the 'official' deadlands mud.

What I was thinking was this:

- someone to be the project manager
- head coder
- head builder
- head administrator
- then the rest are just builders / coders / admins

- get a website
- register an irc channel
- set up a cvs  / vss account for the source / world
- set up the mud on a server

I personally don't have much time to take too much of a role in this - I'd
be happy just being a coder / builder. All the project needs is 3 dedicated
people, and they can hassle the rest.

For the short term, perhaps it'd be cool coming up with a technology demo -
creating a single town in the deadlands world and populate it with NPC's,
towns and surrounding wilderness, just to get our feet wet.

I currently play on the armageddon mud (http://www.armageddon.org) and I'd
like to emulate it's qualities, just in the deadlands world instead. They
are different from most muds because:

- roleplaying is enforced
- you have to submit your character for approval before play
- once you die, that's it - create another character
- enhanced emotes and mud functionality
- strong storyline / world, with active character participation

Anyway, I'm rambling now (I'm at work) - so here's what we should do - any
interested parties in the mud project, email me at neko@evolove.net, then
we'll organise a mailing list and go from there.

cheers all,
neko