Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

> --- "Spence, Roy" <r.spence@weir.co.uk> wrote:
>> In case it's of any interest, the way I play fate
>> chips/bounty is...
>> I award bounty on the completion of a story arc -
>> not after every session.
>
> Same here - which makes stretching those Reds and
> Blues all that more important because they simply
> aren't earned as often.  There's been a few rare
> occasions when a player gets to spend chips
> mid-session for things (mostly Miracles and Werewolf
> powers, the lucky sods...) but by the time we're done
> with the end combat, we're lucky if we've got ANY
> chips left, let alone huge stacks.  Hoarding does you
> no good if you're dead before you can spend them.

I think our posse should have a talk with the other posses on this list. We
never seem to have that many chips at our disposal for more than one session at
a time, and we get awards every session.

Of course, it doesn't help that we're in an area of Fear Level 5 with two
Harrowed in the posse, which means our Marshal draws five chips at the beginning
of each session, plus two more at the beginning of each combat, then one when we
draw a Black Joker (which we do a *lot*, being five players), then one every
time we get a one-eyed jack or a suicide king.

I don't know. We tend to get slaughtered as far as our chips go in any given
session.

So, allow me to reverse the question and pose it to the other players on this
list: what do you do to avoid getting your chips bled away like they were going
out of season? I mean, apart from the usual use cover/roleplay well strategies
that are pretty straightforward.

Daphné
--
The trouble with life is, you¹re halfway through it before you realize it¹s a
do-it-yourself thing.