Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Natural Healing

--- Alan De Smet <chaos@highprogrammer.com> wrote:
> Natural healing is slow.

Of course it is, it wouldn't be 'natural' healing
otherwise, it would be supernatural healing.

> So my first possible change is to move healing
> checks from every five days to every day.

I would find this incredibly distasteful, both as a
player or a marshal. It's so easy to take advantage of
a rule change like that, and personally, I like the
realism of the 5-day natural healing check.
As a player, I always try to save a few chips for the
days when I need to make my healing checks. I savor
those days and achingly wait for them. It heightens
the tension of a battle if you know that you won't be
able to heal right away if you get hosed in the fight.

Sometimes resting for a month is perfectly logical
too. I've had characters refuse to do anything because
they were too injured to go anywhere, and it adds to
strategizing your time.
However, if you don't want a realistic game, and you
just want your players to spack new enemies every day,
then by all means, let them heal every day. If you
were my Marshal though, I'd probably start looking for
a new Marshal. Games are only fun when they are
challenging and rapid healing only adds to munchkinism
in my opinion.
-doc