Re: [DL] Oh those wacky players.

I'm starting a Deadlands campaign, and one of the posse is new to the game,
so last night I run a brief solo adventure so he can get the feel for the
game mechanics. He's a martial artist with the ferner hindrance, so I felt
he should have a run-in with a drunken ignorant cowpoke. He makes an overawe
attempt and succeeds, so now he has to roleplay the threat: "Shut up."
That's it. No "Shut up or I'll kill you" or "Do you now how many ways I can
maim you with my bare hands?" He didn't even have a snarl on his face. "Shut
up" was spoken quite gingerly, in fact. On the upside, he did want his
character to throw up when he first saw a walkin dead before I told him he
had to make a guts check (I did say there were maggots and such crawlin'
around the undead's face...).