Re: [DL] Films and inspiration

In a message dated 11/2/2001 3:32:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
deviantsevant@msn.com writes:

<< The problem with using films for inspiration is that most of my posse have
 seen every Western out there and would recognize the plot instantley. Maybe
 I should switch to Meg Ryan movies. "Sleepless in Gomorra." Yeah they'd love
 that ;-] >>

    Have you tried digging back into older western films -- Stagecoach,
Cimarron, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and on and on and on? Admittedly
they lack any sort of "weirdness," but it was the West before it was Weird.
Lots of good ideas in some of those wonderful old movies.

Steve Long