[DL] DLCG version 1.99 beta now available

O.K., people, the first beta of the Deadlands Character Generator is now
available for download at http://www.thebrogue.com/dlcgp .  It's just as
functional as it ever was, plus you can now equip your characters after
you're done generating their stats.  Some of the functionality, such as
being able to print the information to a PDF, isn't yet implemented, though
we're hoping to have that sometime in the near future.  Something that's
changed (at least in the beta) is that it doesn't automatically open up a
new character.  It allows you to first check some options (like skipping the
Indian screen, turning on Marshal mode, and making your character Harrowed).
Just select File>New Character to generate one.

It's got information from every book so far, though the Martial Arts entries
are for the new system.  You still need the books, though, so refer to them
for any clarification.  We've even put in things from the Accumulated
Rulings, like the Shadowin', Jumpin', and Marksman Aptitudes.  We eventually
plan on allowing you to see the data source, but meanwhile you should be
able to see that for most data by looking at the database file itself.

There may be some issues installing it under XP, so check the install
notes.txt file.  You also need the VB6 runtime, so make sure you have it
installed.  If you're running Win98 and up, I'd imagine you should already
have it.  Have fun everybody, and please feel free to use it and post your
feedback and bug reports.  Thanks to everyone who's made this project
possible!

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times