[DL] Europe Source Info

For those of you who have been asking Shane and the Gang to do a Europe
source book, I'll give you a few leads for when my Posse went across the
Pond.

Gaming Material:
Gurps Timeline (Nice book, w/ plot hooks and No Game Stats, timeline till
about 1990)
Gurps Horror  1st ed. (Has a nice section on London in the Victorian era)
For Fairy Queen and Country (TSR Amazing Engine Book)

Novels:
Anything by HG Wells and Jules Verne
The Other Log of Phileus Fogg by Phillip Jose Farmer (very nice...a must
read for EVERYONE on this list.)
The Dracula series by Fred Saberhagen (Specificly the Holmes-Dracula Files,
Seance for a Vampire, and A Sharpness on the Neck.)
Anno Dracula by Ann Rule (Dracula beats Van Helsing and is now a Consort to
Queen Victoria.  very intresting read, also involves Jack the Ripper,
Holmes, and Bram Stoker)

In my Deadlands game, my villian is an English noble who has set up shop in
the states.  He has ties w/ Nemo, Dr. Moreau, and even H.G. Wells himself.
I also use the Saberhagen Dracula/Holmes relationship, and Dracula is one of
my players contacts.

My players got sent to England when one of them discovered they were the
sole member of a landed family, and inherited the estate, but they had to
travel to England to sign the papers.  With an Agency player in the Posse,
you know trouble was a brewin'.

Next, I'm thinking about sending them to the Congo in africa, or to Prussia.
I have plans for France too...seems Napoleon just could not stay dead for
long......

Once I get my notes fully organized, I'll let you all see them, if you care
too.

Good reading, and hope I gave you some inspiration.

John