RE: [DL] Intro Adventure

Welcome to Deadlands.

Starting Adventures: Both "Perdition's Daughter" and "Independence Day"
are great adventures.  Unfortunately, both are only available in E-Book
format now, which you can order off Pinnacle's website.  Other than
that, I recommend any of the adventures found in the back of some of the
sourcebooks.

There aren't any real Must-Haves as far as sourcebooks go.  They are all
"Must haves" eventually, but if you can only get one, I recommend
getting one that matches any arcane backgrounds in your posse.
"Hucksters & Hexes" and "Ghost Dancers" are both good because they
provide a lot of flexibility to Hucksters or Shamans not in the main
rules.  However, if you have anyone wanting to play a Voodooist or
Martial Artist, then I recommend Hexarcana, which also has new Hexes,
New Miracles, and New Favors, as well as rules for the two mentioned
above.

If no one in your party has an arcane background, I recommend the Boxed
Set for the Area you will be in, if there is one.  The Great Maze, in my
opinion, is the best.  City O' Gloom (Salt lake City) and River O' Blood
are booth really good as well.

As for pitfalls or tricky rules, the Deadlands system as a whole is
unlike any other system.  But one thing it does really well is maintain
the flavor of the game and setting.  The thing to avoid is dropping a
mechanic because it doesn't seem to work at first.  I proise that the
system, while seemingly complex at first, is actually incredibly smooth
and functional.  All your players will be used to it after a session or
two.

Hope that helps

joe