Re: [DL] Intro Adventure

 --- "Joseph C. Wolf" <coyote@net-link.net> wrote: >
Doug Dawson wrote:

> > Hello, all.  I'm hoping y'all will be able to give
> me some help.
> > I'm an experienced GM, but I've never run or
> played Deadlands.  Neither
> > has anyone in my group.  We've agreed to run a
> one-shot; if the group
> > likes it enough, it could turn into a campaign.
> >
> > So, my question: are there any adventures
> (published or web-available)
> > which are particularly good for introducing a
> group to the game?

Ticked Off - it's light on the supernatural (it only
features prairie ticks), heavy on the atmosphere, and
can be creepy as all hell.  Trap your heroes in the
middle of nowhere, in a sandstorm, at night, and then
start clicking your fingernails underneath a wooden
table as background noise.  My posse damn near filled
their pants when they met the first tick, an hour and
a half into the adventure...

It's available at:-
www.geocities.com/dr_nukem/yarns.html#Ticked

See?  I don't just plug my own website.  Since you
ask, though, it's at www.geocities.com/~ceesrw

Cheers,
Steve Wallace