[DL] My first Campaign (part 1)

Okay, I started running my first Deadlands campaign last night. Before I get
into the nitty gritty details about the adventure, let's have a look at my
posse....

Dawn Nation (played by Nicole)- Huckster with a dog, Nicole probably made
the most thorough background story for her character.

The Scrapper (played by Dan)- Dan just came up with his character's name
last night by looking through the phone book, & damned if I can remember it.
He's got a mechanial arm, hand & legs. He took the Veteran of the Weird West
edge to afford all this, so when I draw on my table to see what he gets,
wouldn't you know it's Maimed- legs?

Hung-Lo (played by John)- This is the guy I ran the solo adventure for,
who's not only hasn't played Deadlands, but hasn't played RPG's period. He
opted to play a martial artist (I gave him the name from those Triple H-
Mick Foley "Have a Bad Day" skits they did about two years back). He didn't
do too badly for his first time around, but he has opted not to join us
again next week.

Jeb (played by the other John)- He was planning on making a normal
gunslinger, but wouldn't you know he drew TWO Jokers during character
creation? Mwa-ha-ha. I draw the first card & get a seven. Blackouts, huh?
Okay that's cool. I draw card number two & get a Red Joker. Ka-ching! So far
the only character who knows about Jeb being Harrowed is the Ageny character
we have, who cooked up a brilliant lie about Jeb having contracted a new
species of fungus, which would account for the smell. Like any good Agent,
she's keeping an eye on him; however, since he took the randy hindrance, Jeb
is totally misinterpreting this.

Jesse Lawless (played by Stef)- The aforementioned Agency character, she
decided to join us last night and picked the Man-in-Black Archetype out of
the players handbook. I love Agency operatives; so much easier to railroad
the posse into adventures. Really role-played her character well.

Richard Blood (played by Thom)- Okay, Thom wasn't sure he'd always be around
to play, so didn't want to make the commitment of making up a character. So,
I had a few ready characters in the case of the posse needing extra muscle.
He role-played it rather well, but he kept complaining about some of his
characters stats. Sometimes you can't win for losing....
Well, that's all for know; Part 2 will be the brief summary of the little
intro adventure I sent them on, plus me running them through Chapter 1 or
Ghostbusters.

Take care all, & Happy Thanksgiving!

Matt Maybray
Damn Yankee, damn proud!