Re: [DL] sneaky armour trick

That's pretty close to what I use - though I use 1 point per die rolled per
armor level.  Though I hadn't thought about adding in the effect of aces.

The reason I use something like this is for those cases where I don't want
the posse to know that the critter has armor.  This is a quick calculation
that doesn't require die rolling.

Actually - I like the 1.5 multiplier as well.  I've always thought that
heavy armor was too wimpy.

At 03:24 PM 11/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
 >I usualy just reroll the appropriate damage behind my screen.  However if
you
 >wanted to give it a number I would take the damage rolled and subtract 1.5
 >per difference in die type number of dice.  EX:  player does 4d10 damage,
 >does 28 points of damage and got an ace (rolled 9,2,10,1,and a 6 on the roll
 >for the ace).  Critter has 2 levels of armor so damage should be 4d6.  This
 >means the die type differs by 2 and 5 dice were rolled all together so
 >5+2=7x1.5=10.5 (rounded to 11) so the critter takes 17 points of damage
 >28-11.  If you can do that in your head I guess it's all right, me, I'd just
 >roll the damage at the same time the player does...

 >       unsubscribe deadlands

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

Lemon juice, an important ingredient in Bloody Marys and other forms of
liquid breakfast. Makes fish taste as if it was grown on trees. And
improves, immensely, the taste of lemons.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke