Re: [DL] sneaky armour trick

> At 03:24 PM 11/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>  >I usualy just reroll the appropriate damage behind
> my screen.  However if
> you
>  >wanted to give it a number I would take the damage
> rolled and subtract 1.5
>  >per difference in die type number of dice.  EX:
> player does 4d10 damage,
>  >does 28 points of damage and got an ace (rolled
> 9,2,10,1,and a 6 on the roll
>  >for the ace).  Critter has 2 levels of armor so
> damage should be 4d6.  This
>  >means the die type differs by 2 and 5 dice were
> rolled all together so
>  >5+2=7x1.5=10.5 (rounded to 11) so the critter
> takes 17 points of damage
>  >28-11.  If you can do that in your head I guess
> it's all right, me, I'd just
>  >roll the damage at the same time the player
> does...

I'm not sure I like this formula as you appear to be
ADDING the armor level to the number of dice.  Does
that mean the result of 5 dice against 2 levels of
armor should be the same as 6 dice against 1 level?
Or 3 dice against 4 levels?

I could see subtracting 1.5 per die per armor level
(as each die type is seperated by 2 points), ao in the
above it would be 5 x 2 x 1.5 or 15 points subtracted
yielding only 13 damage in the above example.
Personally I'm not sure I'd count aces, as that tend
to penalize people for rolling them with higher
armors, ao then the above should be 4 x 2 x 1.5 or 12
points, yielding a closer result of 16 points damage.

-MW