Re: [DL] web-based character sheet ready

--- Nick Zachariasen <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> wrote:
> > --I put "Colt Peacemaker" for a weapon, and it split the name between
> two
> > of the weapon lines under Shootin' Irons and Such.
>
> Well, you'll just have to find a way to abbreviate it.  Either that or
> you
> could just leave it blank and write on the printout manually.  I've
> limited
> the number of characters now.  The reason it did that was that for this
> basically just used a ****load of layers, and "Colt Peacemaker" just
> happened to be longer than that layer is wide.  I limited the length
> because
> I don't want it running into the entry for Shots.

Nick,

On this one, might I suggest that you also then limit the input field to
the same number of characters as your display field? This can be done by
setting the maxlength attribute. Oh. You've already done that. Cool.

There is a tabindex="nn" attribute that you can include in your <input>
tags. The only problem is that setting this for as many fields as are on
the form creates a serious obstacle when revising the form. Another option
that would work, I think, would be to create tables-within-tables, one
table encompassing the left column, one the center, and one the right. I
/believe/ that the tabbing would then proceed in a more natural order. I
can work on a prototype for that and send it your way, if you'd like. I
have to do my real job, of course, while I'm at it, so it'll take some
time.

I'll try to send you a prototype, if I can make it work.

Jason

=====
Dvorak rules!

Game links? Yeah, I've got game links.