Re: [DL] web-based character sheet ready

I'm replying on-list to seek help on the tab matter and to alert anyone else
who's encountered these things that they've been fixed.

> A few things:
>
> --The tab order is a little disjointed. If you could change things so that
> it tabs down one column and then the second (perhaps), it might make
> things easier to enter. I believe this is something that can be
> controlled, but haven't looked into it.

Well?  Anyone know how to set this?  Is there a tabindex attribute or
something like that?

> --Some of the data is not making it from the form to the character sheet.
> Strength is showing up as 2d_ (that is, a blank for the die type), as is
> Nimbleness and Smarts. Also, I entered Fightin': Knife on the form with
> level 3. The aptitude appears on the sheet, but the level does not.

O.K., I found the problems here and fixed them all (at least I THINK I did),
including one I noticed myself with Professional.

> --I put "Colt Peacemaker" for a weapon, and it split the name between two
> of the weapon lines under Shootin' Irons and Such.

Well, you'll just have to find a way to abbreviate it.  Either that or you
could just leave it blank and write on the printout manually.  I've limited
the number of characters now.  The reason it did that was that for this I
basically just used a ****load of layers, and "Colt Peacemaker" just
happened to be longer than that layer is wide.  I limited the length because
I don't want it running into the entry for Shots.

> --Fist shows a damage of 8 and there is nothing listed for the damage
> under Bowie Knife when on the form, I entered STR+1d6.

O.K., this is fixed.  Has anyone else noticed anything wrong?

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times