Re: [DL] A few rules questions

> >  One thing I have come up with is to have the trait or skill check turn
> >  out in a way that leaves the player in a situation that is somewhat
> >  pyrrhic.  For example, a cowpoke crossing the desert uses his Survival:
> >  Desert aptitude in an attempt to find food when he runs low.  While he
> >  makes his Target Number exactly, he still comes up with a majority of
> >  1's.  So the cowpoke is able to find food, but it is of such a type
that
> >  is so salty that it causes him to require extra water the next day.
>
> This could be appropriate, depending on how scarce water is.  You might
also
> have them cut into a cactus for water only to find it infested with
> terrorantulas...hehehe.

Either that or he simply inpales his hand on a particularly nasty spine.  Or
perhaps the cactus is actually some form of passive abomination that just
waits for people to come along and drink from it.  Maybe he just finds some
"food" that turns out to be highly toxic.  It all depends on how creative
and evil you, as a Marshal, are :) .

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times