Re: [DL] Deadlands v. Hell on Earth

Greetings, Mr. Shoffner!

At 11:16 PM 11/30/2001, Jeff Shoffner wrote:
>Hello all, I just picked up a copy of HoE today (just for the heck of it) &
>began to get a general feeling for the game tonight.  So, perhaps some of
>you guys could answer some questions for me.
>
>Potential spoilers here, so unless you're a Marshal, just skip down to the
>

>I would assume Enlightened Fu
>fighters have no problem,

         They evolved into sykers in the inter-game time period, but I
don't know of any reason why you couldn't still play one in HOE.

>  but what about the hucksters

         Hucksters can be played, but with a MUCH higher risk of blowing
themselves up. The Syker SB says hucksters are almost unheard of in HOE,
and most arcane folks in HOE become Sykers instead to enjoy their greater
powers at reduced risk.

>  & blessed in HoE,

         Very few people of true faith are left after Judgment Day came and
went and their Deity of Choice failed to materialize. They do exist, but
are quite rare.

>or
>Junkers & Templars in DL?

         Nope.

>  I tell you, having a hexslinger
>thrown into the future might be pretty good.... unless he can't use
>Sitgreaves' Magazine hex.

         See comments on Hucksters above.

>However, the Reckoners being the Horsemen? Ah
>come on!  These guys were around long before the Christian Bible came out!

         As any Jew, Christian or Muslim would tell you, so was
Yaweh/Jehovah/God/Allah. If you're one of their number, it's not hard to
believe the Horsemen predate the Talmud, Old Testament and Koran as well.

>HoE has mentioned some about Lost Colony.  I have never seen anything about
>Lost Colony in my FNGS, & it is fairly extensive.  Did Lost Colony ever come
>out?

         Sometime in 2002, we are told, unless the kindly elves who live at
the PEG offices write it for Shane while that tortured genius sleeps
exhausted at his keyboard.

         I'm not a big HOE expert, or an ordained cleric, but I think I got
the main HOE/theology points right. Hope this helped in any event!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God