Re: [DL] Deadlands v. Hell on Earth

&
> >began to get a general feeling for the game tonight.  So, perhaps some of
> >you guys could answer some questions for me.
> >
> >Potential spoilers here, so unless you're a Marshal, just skip down to
the

> >I would assume Enlightened Fu
> >fighters have no problem,
>
>          They evolved into sykers in the inter-game time period, but I
> don't know of any reason why you couldn't still play one in HOE.

They didn't really "evolve" so much as branch off.  Sykers with the Martial
Arts Training Edge can learn Fu powers instead of Syker powers.  Check Waste
Warriors for details.

> >  but what about the hucksters
>
>          Hucksters can be played, but with a MUCH higher risk of blowing
> themselves up. The Syker SB says hucksters are almost unheard of in HOE,
> and most arcane folks in HOE become Sykers instead to enjoy their greater
> powers at reduced risk.

Hucksters don't need the 1 higher hand (a reversal after Junkman came out),
they just get a +4 on any backlash result they get.  They're very rare, but
they do exist.

> >or
> >Junkers & Templars in DL?

Thisbit from the Accumulated Rulings should help.  Read the very first
entry.
http://www.sonic.net/~dkjedi/deadlands/hoerules.htm

>          I'm not a big HOE expert, or an ordained cleric, but I think I
got
> the main HOE/theology points right. Hope this helped in any event!

Want me to ordain you?  I can do it!

Nick "gotta love the ULC" Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times