RE: [DL] Texas Ranger (yet again)

At 05:11 PM 12/3/2001, Yuri wrote:
>Hey Chris,

         Hello, good sir!

>Okay, I guess I get to ask my Texas Ranger questions now.... none of my
>players are Texas Rangers... yet, but I am going to introduce them pretty
>soon... I have actually two questions:
>
>1. One of my players is in the Military.. if he wants to join the Rangers,
>does his Rank transfer? Can non-Military types join the Rangers? (yeah I
>know this is two question... oh well).

         People who are already in the Confederate Military cannot join the
Rangers--that's considered desertion.

         This following is a conditional answer, as it's based on the First
Draft which Shane has not yet seen, but yes, non-Military types can join
up. They have to pass an "audition" first, but that's where new Rangers
come from. Details will of course be in Lone Stars.

>2. Is there a non-Monster Hunter section of the Rangers... kinda a group
>that doesn't know too much about the Supernatural?

         Another conditional answer, but yes. Ranger Privates are given
non-supernatural assignments to gauge when and if they are ready to be told
The Big Secret. Again, details to follow in Lone Stars.

>Thanks for your time,

         You're most welcome! Thank you for your interest in Lone Stars!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God