Re: [DL] Texas Ranger (yet again)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mr. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed. <sosentinel@adelphia.net>
À : deadlands@gamerz.net <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Date : December 3, 2001 6:01 PM
Objet : RE: [DL] Texas Ranger (yet again)

>>1. One of my players is in the Military.. if he wants to join the Rangers,
>>does his Rank transfer? Can non-Military types join the Rangers? (yeah I
>>know this is two question... oh well).
>
>         People who are already in the Confederate Military cannot join the
>Rangers--that's considered desertion.

Not to dispute the author, but aren't the Rangers a part of the Confederate
Military?  Surely, it would not be "desertion" to transfer (with official
permission) from a regular Confederate Army (or Navy or Marines) to the
Rangers?  Obviously this wouldn't be permitted unless there was good reason,
but if said acceptance was forthcoming?
    Maybe I've missed something.
          Daniel Gwyn
"No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend
Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again!"
From "The Mary Ellen Carter" by Stan Rogers (1949-1983)