[DL] Agency and The Rangers as patrons (PEG and Marshals only)

  I know when  the Agency and the Rangers assemble outside trouble shooters they can offer them money. But can they also offer assistance with legal troubles? Could they help out a deseter, or get a pardon for an outlaw? Or would they just dangle the characters criminal staus above him as blackmail, to get him to do a mission? Also is the Agency and The Rangers above using criminals for dangerous missions? I have been reading a lot of DC Comics Suicide Squad lately, so the idea came to me.

Thanks,
Dave